Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Pet Food Nightmare

I know everyone has been shaken by this pet food nightmare. It seems every day there are more brands added to the list.

Yesterday I read that Purina was removing some of their products from the store shelves, and Alpo dog food is getting recalled.

In another article Ol’Roy beef jerky strip snacks, and a couple of other Ol’Roy snacks were being recalled. I went to the pet store a few days ago to get some more information, and was told that representatives from “Nutro natural choice dog food”, had been there, and there is speculation that the contamination may have gotten into their dry dog food also. It looks like it’s not just canned food like they first told us.

I thought we were safe with dry dog food. I make about 60% of my dogs meals myself, and the rest is commercial kibble and canned dog food. I don’t’ believe anything they are telling us now, so I went in search of a solution, and I think I found one. I found a dog food made by a company called Merrick.

I bought some a couple of days ago, and from what I have read about the company, and the appearance of the food, combined with my dogs reaction when I give it to them, both dry food and canned, it may be the only commercial dog food I will ever use again.

It also is not involved in the recall, because they make it themselves. I could go on and on about how happy I am that I found this pet food, but visit the web site and see for yourself.

By the way, this is no sales pitch. I don’t make two cents by sending you to their web site. I just hope it helps, and maybe saves a few dogs and cats.
http://www.merrickpetcare.com/

Have A Golden Day
Glenn Downer
The-Golden-Retriever
http://www.the-golden-retriever.com/

No comments: